It is simply the best spot on the South Shore – with easy walks to the beach and 2 shopping and restaurant areas. Or go a bit further down to Spouting Horn for a nice morning or evening walk. 5 miles round trip or about an hour and a half.
Walk to the Beach
Short 6 minute safe easy walk – all flat and all sidewalks – Public beach with restrooms and showers. The Sheraton has snack bar open to the public. Surf, snorkel, swim or just enjoy large quiet stretch of sandy beach.
Walk to Poipu Shopping Village
Stroll down the street and up through the Plantation Gardens to Poipu Shopping Village with many boutique shops and favorite restaurants like Keoki’s Paradise and Roys, Puka Dogs and Papalani Gelato. Free hula shows several times per week.
Walk to Kukui’ula Center
Fabulous ocean view walk, less than ½ mile to many restaurants from casual to Hawaiian elegant. Shave ice, ice cream, coffee, shrimp, organic groceries, sushi, tapas, Mexican, fresh fish and more. Plus many wonderful unique shops and weekly farmers market.
Poipu Golf Info
There are many golf courses near by including one of the most famous, Poipu Bay. The hidden (in plain view) perk at Poipu Bay is the $15 driving range/putting green/ chipping area – which you get unlimited balls and can play all day for the one price! Also they have twilight prices for golf after 2:00 at a reduced rate.
- Kiahuna Golf course is also right in Poipu and is a Robert Trent designed course with some interesting history. Ask about the spider found only on Kauai! Kiahuna Golf Website
- In addition there is a very reasonable public course with amazing views: Kukuiolono Park & Golf Course
- Nearby in Lihue (about 20 minutes) there is the Kauai Lagoons and Puakea Golf
- Then just a little further (25-30 minutes) is another great public course, Wailua Golf Course
- About an hour north at Princeville are more courses as well. Princeville is known for its golf courses, but it can be very rainy up there – so be careful about booking too far ahead without checking on the weather. It takes about an hour to get there from Poipu.
Lihue, 20 miles
Sheraton/Poipu Beach, 0.5 miles
Car is necessary.
Short walk to Kukui’ula Shopping Center – shops and restaurants and weekly farmers market.
Short walk to Poipu Shopping Village – more restaurants and shops!